Friday 11 January 2013

A Romantic Conversation


Said I to my wife, “let’s go to bed
“I had a bad day, need to clear my head”
My wife didn’t move, nor made no reply,
“Oh, God”, thought I, “I wish she would die”

Said I to my wife, “what’s the matter now?
“I have done no wrong, why the furrowed brow?”
My wife once again ignored my plea
“Satan”, thought I, “please take my wife with thee.”

Said I to my wife, “have I a rule broken?
“Is this the reason that you haven’t yet spoken?”
Still my wife turned not her gaze from the wall
“Egads,” thought I, “this woman has some gall.”

Said I to my wife, “all right, that’s enough!
If you behave this way, things will get rough”
My wife made no move, my head all in a tangle
I decided, my wife I had to strangle

As I moved to throttle the life out of her
A most strange incident indeed, did occur
For my wife, I discovered, as I grabbed her head
Lay motionless because she was already dead...

No comments:

Post a Comment